Wow what a game, seriously I almost believe in this team again. Steven Wright was as good as ever while Xander Bogaerts cranked his way to four RBIs in the game while making a case for his first All Star appointment. Can life get any better? Well, no not really, so enjoy it folks! Wright was brilliant through 7.1 innings of work picking up his seventh win of the season while Bogey and the bats took care of the rest; Xander went 4-5 (batting .349 on the season) while smacking his seventh homer of the season as the Sox steamrolled over the Twins while moving to a game within the Orioles.
- Let the magnificence of Steven Wright continue, the knuckleballer dazzled over 7.1 innings of work lowering his ERA down to 2.09, the guy is incredible.
- Can I just say I love Bogaerts, like seriously he’s leading the AL in batting average, cranked his seventh bomb of the season (he hit seven all last season), and is an absolute hit machine. Seriously, we’re watching a legend in the making.
- He wasn’t the only one with an onslaught of hits though, Dustin Pedroia went 3-5 (batting .320) and David Ortiz went 2-5 (batting .340).
- Oh and Jackie Bradley Jr slugged his fifth triple of the season (leads the league) while going 2-5 in the game.
- Matt Barnes had a solid outing of relief going 1.2 innings while shutting the Twins down–which isn’t exactly hard.
- We finally won a game which is always fun.
Starting Pitcher Rewind
Just another brilliant start for Wright, yawn. The knuckleballer allowed one run (none earned) over 7.1 innings of work while serving up seven hits and surprisingly just two walks while striking out six. Wright continues to be absolutely dominant as his knuckleball has frustrated just about every other team in the league while putting the Sox in a position to win every five days. The other shoe hasn’t dropped yet, and at this rate I’m not sure it will.
We moved to a game out of first with that win as the Sox seem to have found their mojo, they’ll have Rodriguez on the mound tonight as they look to secure a series win.