Want to know the best way to lose a game? Give up three homers and piss the lead away every chance you get. Joe Kelly was lit up for five runs over 4.2 innings of work, which wasn’t so bad considering the Sox were able to tie it in the eighth thanks to a dribbler from Travis Shaw to right. It was a short-lived victory though, because Koji Uehara showed his age serving up a two-run bomb to right to seal the Sox’s fate and sink them for good.
- Jackie Bradley Jr began his next streak with one game.
- In all seriousness though, Xander Bogaerts has made it to 20-straight, nine more and he’s tied 4th all time in Sox history.
- Shaw had a good day going 2-4 with a RBI to tie the game, too bad the Sox coughed up the lead though.
- Five runs should win you a game, but our pitching sucks so there ya go.
- I hate Kelly again, always have and always will.
- Koji sucks a$$ too.
- On the Cape this weekend after a train ride from hell and thanks to there being an infinite amount more trees here than Boston, my allergies are killing me so this weekend already sucks.
Starting Pitcher Recap
Two crap-fire starts in a row for the BoSox. Kelly was lit up by the Jays as Donaldson sure had his number throughout the game. He was tagged for five runs over 4.2 innings of work on nine hits and three walks while striking out eight. He didn’t get served with the loss, though he deserved it
The O’s won so now we’re down to a one-game lead in first. Rick Porcello will be starting for the Sox in a day game and you better bet your a$$ I’ll be watching rather than enjoying the great out doors so stay tuned for updates!