Well that was a nice little win for the BoSox to even the score; Steven Wright was solid-ish over 7.1 while Hanley Ramirez took care of the rest cranking a three-run bomb (his fifth of the season) over everything to left giving the Sox a lead they would not look back from. Xander Bogaerts and David Ortiz contributed with a RBI of their own as the Sox roared on past the Orioles to tie it up top the AL East. When it came time for Craig Kimbrel in the ninth, it was a textbook win for our BoSox as they now have a chance to take the division lead tonight.
- I’m starting to like Hanley, from his attitude to the homers and even him joking with the fans while on deck it’s hard not to like the guy which is a complete 180 from how we all felt last year.
- Good lord Mookie Betts what can’t you do? Betts went 2-5 in the game while making an incredible running catch in right on a liner in the corner, then high fived a fan for good measure.
- Solid outing for Wright as he scattered three runs over 7.1 innings of work to pick up his eighth win of the season–who’d have that that our best pitcher would be a knuckle baller?
- Christian Vazquez is showing no signs of wear on his elbow after firing to second to nab Kim on an attempted stolen base.
- Leave it to Junichi Tazawa to let up a run in 2/3 of an inning.
Starting Pitcher Rewind
Decent effort from Wright, not great but solid. The knuckleballer went 7.1 innings while allowing three runs on six hits and a walk while striking out four–good enough, with help from the bats, to pick up his eighth win of the season as he has been nothing short of masterful for the BoSox. I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I do know that this season for Wright is something special and I’m glad we’re being treated to it.
Let’s take the division!